Help with ignition and carb settings

Started by Randy Lamp, May 02, 2011, 03:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Lamp

I live near Canton Ohio. I have two Pentons that I need some help with installing the ignition modules and final carb settings. One is a 1975 250 CC and the other is a 1972 Jackpiner,I would like to make sure it is done correctly and that the bikes start,idle and perform properly. Is there any bike shop that members might recommend or maybe an experianced POG member within a hour or so of me that could help?  I would be happy to compensate anyone for their time and expertise. Thanks, Randy

chicagojerry

hi randy. i'm in wakeman ohio, about an hour from you. i can give you a hand. what ignitions are you using and also are you running bings or mikunis? my 250, in particular, with a bing is extremely strong.give me a call if you like 440 213 5146
i have an area where you could test ride it too
chi jer

joe novak

I can recommend Jerry to help with the installation.  KTM's are his specialty.  Joe

Randy Lamp

Thank you for responding.I will contact you as soon as I get both bikes ready. Kip Kern said he could help but if I remember coorectly he is about three or four hours away. An hour or so sounds much better. I think they both have bing carbs and the stock ignition systems. Talk to you soon. Best Regards, Randy