The 100's at Competitive Edge.

Started by Lloyd Boland, May 02, 2011, 08:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Boland

I heard that the MT 100's are going to be at Competitive Edge again on 5/22/11 with the American Retrocross guys.  It was a blast a couple months ago.  Classes for just about every age and size bike.  Hope to see you guys there. (That means you to Mr. G.)  I think I will take the CZ and the MC5 this month.

Lloyd

sixdazed

Hi Lloyd,Calvmx site shows Perris on the 21st as well.That would be nice if i make the trip from Az.to race both Sat. and Sun...Seems like there was a Glen Helen race this month too,Do you know anything about that?The AVDRA National at The Ranch in Anza this weekend was cancelled:(Still hoping to make a couple races on SoCal turf before the heat sets in[8D]Thanks,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Lloyd Boland

Ric, the USGP is at Glen Helen this weekend.  Next weekend the ARX guys are at Competive Edge with the Marty Tripes 100cc guys.  CalVMX may be at Perris next Saturday, I did not check their website.  It looks like on the Glen Helen website there is a Grand Prix on Memorial Day weekend, 5/29/11.  Some times they have vintage classes with the Grand Prix. The ARX guys are back at Glen Helen on Sunday, 06/05/11.  Remember with the ARX guys, they have all kinds of vintage and post-vintage classes, plus modern classes, so if you want you can bring the modern bike, you can.

sixdazed

Lloyd,Yea,the USGP caused Dave to cancel the Anza race fearing low turnout due to everyone going to Glen Helen.They(AVDRA)are having one there in August 21st though and i'm planning on that one.Still trying to figure out which weekend'(s)? to go-maybe both.First must get my bike back together(and bring spare engine or bike).For sure will bring my modern KTM if i go to GH Memorial Day as well.Thanks Lloyd and i'll keep in touch,
                                            Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

brian kirby

Dont know why they are worried about the USGP, last year there were less than 1500 people there. I dont expect a lot more this year unless some of our guys decide to race.

Brian
Brian

Lloyd Boland

Brian,
I agree.  This whole "pissing match" between the AMA and the owner at Glen Helen is too bad for the sport.  Here we have the best from europe, most of them, and we can't get our guys out to race.  The factories don't want to upset the AMA, or get any of their guys injured before the outdoor season, but I see it as an opportunity to showcase our riders against the Europeans.  It just makes me very sad.
I remember going to Carlsbad "back in the day".  I was hoping we could have that again.

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder.

Lloyd

Lloyd Boland

Ric, the USGP is at Glen Helen this weekend.  Next weekend the ARX guys are at Competive Edge with the Marty Tripes 100cc guys.  CalVMX may be at Perris next Saturday, I did not check their website.  It looks like on the Glen Helen website there is a Grand Prix on Memorial Day weekend, 5/29/11.  Some times they have vintage classes with the Grand Prix. The ARX guys are back at Glen Helen on Sunday, 06/05/11.  Remember with the ARX guys, they have all kinds of vintage and post-vintage classes, plus modern classes, so if you want you can bring the modern bike, you can.

sixdazed

Lloyd,Yea,the USGP caused Dave to cancel the Anza race fearing low turnout due to everyone going to Glen Helen.They(AVDRA)are having one there in August 21st though and i'm planning on that one.Still trying to figure out which weekend'(s)? to go-maybe both.First must get my bike back together(and bring spare engine or bike).For sure will bring my modern KTM if i go to GH Memorial Day as well.Thanks Lloyd and i'll keep in touch,
                                            Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

brian kirby

Dont know why they are worried about the USGP, last year there were less than 1500 people there. I dont expect a lot more this year unless some of our guys decide to race.

Brian
Brian

Lloyd Boland

Brian,
I agree.  This whole "pissing match" between the AMA and the owner at Glen Helen is too bad for the sport.  Here we have the best from europe, most of them, and we can't get our guys out to race.  The factories don't want to upset the AMA, or get any of their guys injured before the outdoor season, but I see it as an opportunity to showcase our riders against the Europeans.  It just makes me very sad.
I remember going to Carlsbad "back in the day".  I was hoping we could have that again.

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder.

Lloyd

Lloyd Boland

Just checking in again.  Besides Stepho and myself, anyone else going to Competitive edge this Sunday? (I know BSA Mike will be there.)  Weather looks good, and they have the Marty Tripes 100cc Revenge again.

Paul?
Garrett?
William?
Victor?

Hope to see you guys there.

Lloyd

Lloyd Boland

This month's race poster has a picture of Danny "Magoo" Chandler riding an MC-5.  He is wearing a jersey from Woodland Sport Center. (?) Anyone know where this is?  RIP Danny.  It can be seen at //www.americanretrocross.org.

Have a great weekend everyone.  (It looks like no Armageddon today.)
Time to ride.

Lloyd

Stepho Jacobs

ARX announced on their facebook page that Preston Petty will be there.  Geat he will be there to see my new DKW hornet.  I will be taking it real easy on that bike tomorrow. i just got it done at 8 tonight.  se you guys there.