Carl Crank porting job

Started by tmc3c, March 29, 2002, 08:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Does the carl crank porting job give you more bottom end and who can do this porting today?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mike Lenz

Definetly NOT! Its a very pipey,very fast mx only moter. I rode one in 74 and I also want to find someone else to port another one. It was so much faster than anything on the track in 74...it was a real blast to ride. Im tempted to ask Carl if he wants to do another one! You should start with a later cylinder because KTM went with his finger intake port design soon after they saw it.

tmc3c

HI mike. I am planning on racing some hare scrambles and a few moto-cross races.I too would love for him or someone reliable to do the work for me too!! My motor is a 74 is it old enough? I've heard that there was a write up on this in "still....Keeping Track" PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HEAR ANYTHING!! E-MAIL ME PLEASE  THANKS AGAIN!!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mike Lenz

For Hare Scrambles I would leave the engine alone. Heck stock there isnt any other period bike that will out pull a properly running one.

tmc3c

Yeah I know, but what about those unexpecting young hot dogs out in the woods on sunday's? My last monster was 430 husky! Man what a BLAST1!! Wheelie or roost at any time

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler