Gary Nixon

Started by Lew Mayer, August 05, 2011, 05:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

I posted the link to the article regarding the passing of Gary Nixon. He passed away today.    http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=45559

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

checkcrew

Lew.

thanks for the up-date,
i read a post on Mark's page about his death but it had no details,

i first met a saw Gary Nixon ride an AMA D-7 scrambles/flattrack at Confederate State Scrambles, Elkton, Md. in 1971,
 at the age of 14 i was riding the 100 class on a Kawi 100 Centurion,
he would just fly compared to the rest of us, a true riding clinic !!

God Speed Gary

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

tomale

Thanks for the information, I never met Gary but as a kid, I would ride my bike down to the fairgrounds to watch him ride the half mile and mile track. Out of all the Grand National champions, Gary was my favorite. I can remember reading the book about his racing career and the first time he had ever rode a road race bike. The track was slick from rain. He swallowed hard and went out anyway.  A great guy and a great racer. Race in peace Gary, and I will be lifting his family and close friends up in prayer.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
74' TM125 suzuki
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

OUCWBOY

Gary Nixon was from Oklahoma City area and I used to see him a lot in the 60's before he moved to Maryland. He was close friends with the late Freddie Nix, a factory Harley rider from my home town of Lawton OK(who was killed in a dune buggy accident in 1969). Gary was an outstanding person and a model for all riders. He will be missed!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR