Dane Leimbach benefit steak fry

Started by Jack Penton, June 27, 2011, 01:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Penton

The Amherst Meadowlarks are hosting a benefit steak fry for Dane Leimbach. Profits for Dane to offset living and medical costs. (Please see post for Dane's condition)

Where: Amherst Meadowlarks club, 6600 Crosse Rd., Amherst, OH
When: Saturday, August 6th
Time: Dinner served 5:00 to 8:00pm
Other: Door prizes and raffles

Tickets available at:
On The Edge Honda, 300 Rice Industrial Parkway Amherst OH 44001 Phone: 440.985.3343

or call Kelly Bland (Dane's daughter) 440-714-5603

Please join us if you can.

checkcrew

Jack,

this is great,
i just spoke to Kelly, she indicates there will be a PayPal account set up to purchase tickets and to make donations,

i live over 500 miles from Amherst so i told her i would like to buy a few tickets and have them donated to someone that knows Dane and would like to attend but may not have the extra funds to buy the tickets,

keep us posted as to the PayPal link,

thank you,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Steve Minor

Jack.....Can we donate by check?
Just tell me who to make it payable to and where to send it.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

SouthRider

Yes - I too would love to donate by paypal. The facebook site doesn't have the link yet.

Dane has helped anyone who ever asked. We need to get behind this.

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

thrownchain

Will tickets be available at Mid Ohio?

Jack Penton

Good idea, I will ask Kelly to supply some to the POG for sale at Mid-Ohio.

Thanks

SouthRider

I see that the paypal link is now up and running on the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=138615436214435

Anyone who cannot attend should consider making whatever type of contribution that they can afford.

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Jack Penton

Dane Leimbach donations.
Here is the Paypal account for donations. Thank all so much for your concern and help.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=L62AH3TVJFGD4

pketchum

Thanks Jack, that is certainly helpful.  Although I now live in Kansas, I'd like my virtual Porterhouse cooked medium rare.

Phil Ketchum
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

Mark P

The Penton family, Dane and Paul were THE riders I admired while I rode my Six-Day in the Western Maryland mountains when I was a kid. I had a wonderful conversation with Kelly yesterday and dropped a check in the mail. Best wishes to Dane and his caring family.

God Bless
Mark Plank
Temple,TX

thrownchain

I bought a ticket at VMD but won't be able to attend due to a scheduling conflict. Alot going on that weekend . but I know the $ is going to a good cause.

garrettccovington

Never met the Man, but through out the years I read about his many accomplishments.  

Really sorry to hear about his situation and thanks for the Pay-Pal info.

Will make a donation ASAP.

I wonder if the POG South West Membership could come up with something to do at the ARX Events?  Little Stickers,  T-Shirts,  Etc.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

chicagojerry

it was good to see some of the penton faithful at the steak fry.  quite a few of dane's family members there too
 good cause... good people       chi jer

paul a. busick

Hi POGGERS.

The benefit for Dane was a great success and well attended.  So many people were in attendance that I won't even make a guesstamation to The #.  There was plenty of old friends to chat with Plus raffles, door prizes and fellowship. Had all the people that bought tickets (out of staters, etc.)there would not have been any standing room in the Meadowlarks club house.  As it was, many had to eat and stand outside.

Dane was in attendance from begining to end and was wearing a big ear to ear smile.  He even came out to help knock down the easy ups that covered the Pentons that were on display and to wheel the bikes into Paul Danik's trailer.

Many thanks to Danes daughter Kelly for puting on a first rate event (her first one). And to all the others that were involved.

May I add that I consider Dane to be a truly great and wonderful person and that I'am proud to know him and call him my good friend.

See you all down Old Dusty
Amherst Paul

Kelly Bland

I would like to personally thank all of you for making the steak fry a success without you we couldnt have done it. I havent seen my dad so happy in a long time. He walked in with a huge smile on his face and it stayed there the entire evening. Although we told him the steak fry was for him we wondered if he really understood it. After he left all of his children recieved a text (which is his best way to communticate with us) Thanks for the steak fry, had good food, good to see the people. Which leads us to believe that he realizes he was the "guest of honor". Once again thank you, Kelly