The Mint-piner

Started by brian kirby, August 07, 2011, 07:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

Just finished this up for possible duty next weekend in Michigan.

'77 MC5 400 engine in a '74.5 Jackpiner chassis, ACE pipe, MC5 wheels. I only have an MX tank or a Toaster, not a Watermelon so I put this Jackpiner tank on it, and the blue sidecover. I really like the pictures of the blue bikes they rode at the ISDTs even if the tank on this does say Jackpiner 175.

The good news is, I can start the bike standing on the ground with no booster stand. I dont know if its because it turns better, or if the shorter suspension means you are going slower, but the engine seems more manageable in this chassis. The bad news is, the huge flywheel I bought on eBay does not fit, its so big in diameter it is outside the area of the mag cover. No idea what it actually fits, but its not a KTM.

Brian
Brian

brian kirby

And I know some of you are thinking:

"Hey Brian, isnt this the same engine that while in the much better suspended MC5 chassis it kicked your butt all last season and you said you would never ride it again in cross country?!?"

Yes...yes it is. I never claimed I was smart.

Brian
Brian

rob w

A Montesa King Scorpion (and probably the Cotas also) have the most massive Motoplat flywheel you ever saw.

Brian, a 74-and-a-half Mint 400 is my bike of choice. Here's the time I put a Berkshire tank on it to ride the Pinecone.

StephenRead

Hello Brian:

Where did you get the rear fender on your bike or who makes it?  I have a 75 250 enduro and was looking for one of the european GS rear fender/tailight assemblies.  I like the way your license plate bolts on, and the look of the tailight.

brian kirby

Its a universal ''enduro'' fender made by UFO plastics. I ordered mine oit of the Parts Unlimited Offroad book at my local dealership, but you can probably find them on eBay too.

Brian
Brian

Doug Bridges

DC plastics makes this reproduction fender

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R

socalmx

Love the Curnutts on Mr Bridge's bike!

kenbike

Doug, what are you using for a front headlight on your Jackpiner?
The rear is just what I am looking for for my 250!