72 Six Day

Started by Scott Summey, March 05, 2012, 08:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Summey

Have a 72 six day for sale. This is the same bike that I had bing carb issues with that everyone was helpful with, ended up getting a 30mm Mikuni for it and still have the same basic issue (high idle). It was running great for a month or so till it developed the idle issue. Probably a simple fix for one of the more mechanically inclined members, but i'm done! Basically I just don't have the time to do the mechanical work that it takes to keep an old bike running. I would just rather ride. So here's the things I can tell you about the bike.

Good,
72 frame, 6 speed , motoplate, Mikuni 30mm installed, Bing 27 spare, new progressives, Magura 314 duo throttle, all new cables, spare 57/14 tooth sprockets and DID chain, spare set of wheels with brake plates,  original gel coat, manuals and more.

Bad,
High idle ( everyone believes crank seal)
broken fins lower left cylinder
Kickstand tab (I have the kickstand)
Original rear Metzler
wheels have rust but straight and true

Pictures available, For those members going to Bike Week pick it up on the way, $2200 for everything.
[email protected]

Scott Summey
72 Six Day
Jacksonville, Florida
Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida

Scott Summey

[img][IMG_3501.JPGimg]

Scott Summey
72 Six Day
Jacksonville, Florida
Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida

Scott Summey

Posting picture is not easy on this site so I put the photos in Photobucket. Hope this helps.

http://photobucket.com/penton

Scott Summey
72 Six Day
Jacksonville, Florida
Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida

Scott Summey

Parts: extra wheels W/brake assemblies, bing 27mm carb, new sprockets/chain, old cables, footpegs, trapdoor throttle, parts and bike manual (not shown), number plates, rubber grommets tube and other misc nuts and bolts.

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg491/ssummey/penton%20parts%20lot/

Scott Summey
72 Six Day
Jacksonville, Florida
Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida