Jackpiner

Started by SoCal996, May 06, 2002, 09:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal996

Hi all,

There are three pictures of a Blue Jackpiner (mx trim?) in the pictures section of this forum. Can anyone tell me who owns that bike or where to get an expansion chamber like is on. My old 125 had that style of exhaust and I'd like to find a supplier.

Thanks,
Brian

Bob

I believe Chris Brown owned and restored that bike. He sold it if it's the same bike. He frequents this forum so I'm sure he'll respond.

Bob

Chris Brown

Hi Brian,
Bob dropped me a message on your inquiry. I see they brought the pics over from Barry Ely's old site.
Yes, that was my first restoration. I did that one a few years ago and sold it to a collector in Indiana. The bike came with an EC Birt pipe, an accessory available in that time period. It was quite similar to a stock pipe with the shroud removed in the after end of the pipe. It had a glass pack silencer built in as well. Loud as hell, but ran well. No spark arrestor either.
A copy could be made from a stock pipe with the modifications done as described. You could use a stinger silencer/spark arrestor and experiment with a longer or shorter stinger. Someone here should be able to tell us the effects of stinger length. I think shorter makes more power on top.
Chris Brown