seized

Started by harrO, October 11, 2011, 06:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrO

Thanks guys. We're approaching consensus. At this point checking clearances will be easiest and test another theory. I've owned the '69 bike since '71. It's on the first rebore with Wiseco piston. The machinist was confident in his work and claimed he's fitted many after market Wiseco pistons. He certainly charged enough!  Harry    
  PS The plug looks textbook ... nice chocolate brown.  

sixdazed

Harry,Recent rebuild?If so,check your wrist pin bearing.I had one of the ones that weren't heat treated and it came apart causing the bike to lock up/free up as the roller and pieces of cage were bouncing around the top end causing trouble.If it's not heat treated its kind of a gray color.There's other posts on this issue.Good luck,
                                                               Ric
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

harrO

Yes Ric, I remember those posts. They were timely because they appeared at 'top end' time in my rebuild. I found a NOS bearing and it appeared to be of the heat treat variety. Hopefully I can find some garage time next week and double check the top end. Thanks for input. Harry

sixdazed

Harry,Recent rebuild?If so,check your wrist pin bearing.I had one of the ones that weren't heat treated and it came apart causing the bike to lock up/free up as the roller and pieces of cage were bouncing around the top end causing trouble.If it's not heat treated its kind of a gray color.There's other posts on this issue.Good luck,
                                                               Ric
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

harrO

Yes Ric, I remember those posts. They were timely because they appeared at 'top end' time in my rebuild. I found a NOS bearing and it appeared to be of the heat treat variety. Hopefully I can find some garage time next week and double check the top end. Thanks for input. Harry

harrO

Thanks to all for your ideas on my problem. And the winner is... those who suggested a bad fit at the head pipe flange. Once the engine warmed up it apparently opened more at this junction causing the engine to quit. Had a nice test run today...beautiful weather here in Michigan. Thanks again.   Harry