North East Racing.....

Started by skiracer, October 18, 2011, 07:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Well, I went to NE PA for the final race of the season this past weekend.  I ran the XC on Saturday with my PE 175, through some pretty tight single track, lots of mud and water, and two grass tracks.  Had a lot fun, bike ran great, won my class.  Sunday's MX was on a grass track located on a hill side.  No jumps, but lots of off camber turns, and lots of elevation changes.  It was pretty greasy in the morning, but dried out nice by the second moto.  I just finished building a 1980 KTM 250 the week before, so I decided to take that with me to compare it with my 76 MC 5.  WOW, what a difference!  The 80 handles so much better.  It is amazing what four years of technology will do to a bike.  I might have found my new primary race bike for next year!  Race wise, I had good starts in four out of six motos, resulting in a first and a second in my class on the KTM, and a second overall on my Penton. Not a bad weekend.  I had a lot of fun, talked with a lot of the regulars, rode pretty good... what can be better than that?  There were several other Pentons there, which was nice to see.  It was a great way to end the season. Missed seeing you Bob, thought you might come down.  I hope all is well with the new house, and life in general.  Good luck to everyone going to the RR! Until next year.......

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1980 KTM GS
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Husqvarna 175GP
2002 KTM 200 EXC
1975 Jackpiner (project)
1976 Penton 175 (project)
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Gordon Brennan

Congrats to you James! Sounds like you had fun. On the weekend of the 8th and 9th I was in NY for a 2 day Trial, with the Penton. CATRA put on a great event, the weather was beautiful and my Penton ran great.

tooclose racing

I'm glad someone's out there carrying the brand name.  Nice job, James...god I miss it! New house is good, still got the old house..start TWO mortgage payments as of Nov. 1.  Gawd, I'm living the dream.  

As for this country lifestyle, all I can say is 1)our dog thinks he has died and gone to heaven, 2) the stars sure are pretty at night, and 3) cows and sheep sure don't talk much.  

Your 1980 project sounds cool. Be sure and put up a picture for us.  

"I'll be back..."

TooClose

Gordon Brennan

Todays event was cancelled due to too much SNOW!!!
4 - 6" of snow before Halloween. Gotta love it. So much for global warming, here in the North East.