John Penton story........

Started by Paul Danik, November 22, 2010, 07:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Webbers

Paul,
" You are correct Sir "
I will remember you guys forever , talking with all of you and John will be a memory I will cherish forever.
Take Care,
Duane

thrownchain

Was at my son's house and watched the teaser of the movie. Can't wait till it's available..

kenbike

It was stated at the meeting they are raising funds to get the filming started.  Should POG set up a old Penton bike raffle and sell tickets and use the profits as a donation for the production?

Dale Fisher

A raffle could be one of a couple ideas to raise funds.  As I sat there at the meeting I was also thinking what could be done collectively on organizing an event or competition involving as many of the members as possible.  Depending on the timing perhaps it could provide some present day footage to add to the production.  Anyone else giddy about a big debut event?

1972 Cheney Sachs
1972 Suzuki GT380
1972/73 Cheney Sachs Project
1973 Triumph TR5MX
1973 Penton Jackpiner Project
1974 Penton Berkshire
1974 Honda MT125
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

thrownchain

How about just putting out the word for donations and see how much can be raised?

Terence McEnally

Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Burt Rutan, Wilbur & Orville (also from Ohio).

JP figures in those ranks too.

I hope he knows.....
\\"Illegitimi Non Corborundum\\"

kenbike

Could we do a donation drive and have POG collect the money.
Can we contact the film producer and find out how much they need to raise.  we could offer to help the film crew stay in our local homes when they are filming in our area.

I really would like our group to make this a project, the John Penton story needs to get told to a much larger audience!

Paul Danik

Todd is in the process of getting registered for the message board.  In an email today he stated that after he is registered he plans to "jump on and cheer the troops". I guess that means that we can be "at ease" :) for the time being....you can rest assured that the POG, as well as all of us personally, want to help in any way possible to make Todd's project become a reality.

Paul

mxfiles

Hi everyone! Todd Huffman here and I wanted to say how cool it is that everyone wants to see this project happen and are offering the "all hands on deck" spirit we will need to get it done.

I am very excited to tell JP's and the Penton story as it is time.

There is a process to this and the first thing we are doing is developing a budget that will let us know what this project will cost and then how to fund it that makes the most sense for sponsors, donors, perhaps even investors. Once we know that, then we can get the funding going and get started shooting!

I anticipate that we will be shooting for this project in Europe (Austria, Italy, UK and others) as well as a significant amount of time in Amherst and surrounding areas. We will work all this in with production of other projects like the new "On Any Sunday", "1981 Motocross des Nations" and of course new "Motocross Files".

I will stay in touch with all of you here and through Paul and Jack. For now, everyone can keep in mind those friends of the project and devoted Penton fans that might want (and have the means) to contribute in a significant way.

We will get 'er done!

Merry Christmas All!

Todd

kenbike

Any updates on the progress of the film?

Paul Danik

I haven't heard anything in awhile, I will ask Jack about it when I see him at the International Motorcycle Show at the IX Center in Cleveland this weekend.

Paul

seanguthrie

I remember seeing this a while back and wait paitiently.[:p]

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213