Kawasaki

Started by OUCWBOY, December 31, 2011, 09:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

I have a 1969 Kawasaki F21M (238 green streak) that is about 85% complete. (not restored) that I am willing to part with. If anyone here or anyone you know might be interested, let me know. I will send pics. I wanted to offer it here before I ebay it. Asking price is %2000.00. I know that's a lot, but they are very rare and hard to find. It took me 3 years to find the one I'm restoring. The last one I saw on Ebay went for about 6K.

SOLD

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tomale

I have a friend that was looking for one this last summer but I am not sure he ever bought one. I give him a call.  He has KX 250 and 400 that he races all the time. would love a bike to fit the pre 70 class.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

OUCWBOY

Well, that didn't take too long. Sold didn't even have to take any pics either. Will be on it's way to the left coast after I return home.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

checkcrew

Donny,

had that been a G31M baby Green streak i would have been on my way :-)))),
anyway the 238 is a sweet bike as well !!

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

OUCWBOY

Mike,
The 100 is a sweet bike, but the 238 is far more rare. Between late 67 thru 70, there were less than 1000 238's produced. There were over 2500 G31M's produced in the 1st year alone. Both are sweet looking bikes, but the 100 I think was much more popular. The 238 was not really a MX bike, more of a Scrambler and an OUTSTANDING short tracker. A stock 250 putting out over 35HP.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

checkcrew

Don,

i agree with you 100%, far less 238's produced, i bought a 71 G31M new in Jan. 72 for dirt track racing, it only lasted for a few months, couldn't keep it together, went back to my Yamaha's then bought my 1st Bultaco and never looked back,

in late 71 i put a 69 Steel Tanker together for dirt track racing, but at 14 years old and limited knowledge of the shifting issues with the Sachs engine it never made it to the track :-)))

well if a G31M comes your way give me a shout,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

OUCWBOY

Mike,
I will let you know if I see a 100 anywhere.  As for the Steel Tanker and flat tracking, I had a spare set of wheel and bars for mine. Won a few events in 69, but it was not nearly as fast as the 125 Yamahas and Bultacos. It really did handle better though. I used to drop the forks about 3" and I never had a shifting problem with the little Sachs engine at all. I did replace the shift key only because my dealer told be I would need to replace it every couple of months. I'm guessing I had 30 or so races on that 1st key and it still shifted fine. I never used the clutch, except for starts. One thing that was different was mine had the shift lock kit installed. It was in it when I purchased it new. According to many folks at Penton, they didn't sell them that way, so I asked my dealer (who is still a KTM dealer today) and he doesn't remember. I still today say that the shift lock was the difference.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

sixdazed

Mikey,Dave Boydstun has at least 2 that are completed-(big bucks),and possibly some basket/parts bikes.I'm pretty sure i'll be seeing him this weekend as he's putting on a race so i can ask him if you're interested.Let me know.Later,
                                       Ric
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

checkcrew

Ric, hi,

like you said completed bikes are BIG BUCKS !!

the problem with baskets and parts bikes is there is so little out there for these bikes to try and bring them back,
see what he has to say and let me know,

thank you,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

sixdazed

Mikey,I think he had to have some stuff repopped to complete the 3 or so bikes he did get together,but he may have some leftovers.i'll talk to him this weekend about it if i go.i've got a lung infection that i'm trying to get rid of-real low on energy but if i'm able to get thru work this week and am able to work on my own bikes to get them prepped and am ok by sat.nite i'll go racing sunday.If you look on Dave's website(ams racing)he has pics of the ones for sale.The red and white one thats set up for mx is pretty cool too.Later,

Ric
P.S.-he does have a bunch of parts listed for them,pretty much everything you need to go thru one as far as i can tell.
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...