The Last Will Stoner Swap Meet?

Started by willstoner, January 18, 2012, 01:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willstoner

Folks,

The February 18, 2012 Will Stoner Classic Swap Meet at the Medina County Fairgrounds will probably be our last event. Although I will never say "never", at this time, Kit and I have no plans to continue producing swap meets. That said, we still have space available and we will provide a complimentary space for POG.

By no means will I be withdrawing from the motorcycling community in general or my vintage family. On the contrary, because Kit and my health is improving, I plan to travel with "Mom", ride my street bike much more, get back to trail riding and maybe even run a vintage race or two. Additionally I have a couple of other projects "on the burner".

Thank you all for your support and friendship over the years. I could not have done any of it without you.

Will

If you want a space, contact me at:440-591-5099 (office), 216-849-6875 (cell) or [email protected]

Will Stoner Classic Swap Meet Saturday, February 18th, 2012
Medina County Fairgrounds, 735 Lafayette Rd.(U.S. 42) Medina, Ohio.
• Hours: 8:00 AM-2:00 PM
• Admission:
o $6.00 Adults
o $5.00 POG, AMCA, AHRMA and any other vintage club members (must show current membership card)
o Enthusiasts 16 and under: FREE
• Vendor Space: $50, Indoors and Outdoors
• We will Have Friday Setup February 17th from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
• Sell-Your-Bike Corral: $20.00 for one bike; $30.00 for two bikes. Indoors and Outdoors
• Bike Show: $10.00 for first bike; $5.00 each additional bike
• The Columbia Game Club will again be presenting their Flea Market in the adjacent room (additional admission fee)
For more information: 440-591-5099 or [email protected]

Paul Danik

Will and family,

It is with sadness that I read your announcement that this will possibly be your last swap meet. I remember that snowy day "way back when" that you held what might have been your first swap meet in that Armory somewhere out in the flat lands of Ohio. I figured that maybe I would be one of the few folks to venture out that day, but I sure was wrong.

You folks have always treated not only the vendors and attendees like family, but the red carpet has also always been extended for the clubs to set up a space. I can still picture Bob Kent, Bobby Augustine and the Ohio Valley gang setting up the raffle bike at York and selling tons of tickets, those were great days. The Hang Over Derby s that you hosted at your place were always a not to be missed event, and especially known for Kit's World Famous chili....

Hats off to you and your family for a job well done, the ripple effect of the friendships and acquaintances that were formed at your events will hopefully continue on for many more years. Your events played a big part in getting a number of the folks who started this club together and giving them a chance to "dream" a little.

Best wishes to all of you,
Paul

checkcrew

Will, hi

i can't make the Ohio meets but was hoping you made it back to Eastern Pa. again,

good luck and hope to see you again in the future,

best regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]