Sandy Lane Enduro - 75th Running- Photos added-

Started by checkcrew, March 13, 2012, 05:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkcrew

hey guys, anyone in the North East and most of the Country that has been around Enduros knows Jersey's Sandy Lane Enduro,

this weekend March 18th will be the 75th running of our event,

John Penton, the Boys and many others have ridden this event thru out the years with great success, John was Grand Champion 2 years on his BMW 250,

i spoke to Jack Penton this afternoon and he will be flying in with Dad on Saturday to attend the event,

we will also be having a Vintage Enduro Bike Show on Sat. so anyone that has an old Enduro bike that wants to bring it out please do !!

more info and directions can be found on our web site: //www.meteormc.com

hope to see anyone that can make it there,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Dale Sonnenschein

It was a great weekend at sandy lane. Plenty of vintage enduro bikes,and other enduro ralated things.  John and Jack Penton were there signing autographs and taking pictures. Plus a great enduro too! There were some beautiful Triumphs there. 4 or 5 pentons too.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Paul Freeman

The 75th running of this event was a weekend to remember.  The Meteor club did a great job with the layout of the course, which consisted of many miles of tight, virgin trail, that not only tested the riders endurance & timekeeping skills, but also their riding abilities... there were two special "endurocross" sections, that provided for some great spectating, not to mention some cool photo ops for me!

Also, having the vintage bike show, and many of the past racing legends from this race attend was just icing on the cake!  Guys like Jack and John Penton, Charlie Stapleford, Eugene Esposito, Chuck Berhain and others were on hand to watch the action, and bench race.. (actually Charlie and Chuck raced too!)

I had a chance to meet and talk with them all, and photograph them as well.  I created two galleries, one of the event, one of the vintage bike show, which includes pics of the legends, and also a lot of the cool memorabilia that the Meteor club had gathered from the early days, to the more recent stuff..  LOTS to SEE!!

The weather was perfect, and it just couldn't have been a better weekend to be in the Pinelands of New Jersey, sharing the wonderful passion for a sport we all love.

Oh yeah... of course I should mention that Jeffery Pasqua took the overall win, riding.. you guessed it...
a KTM!!

Look for a writeup on this race in an upcoming issue of Trail Rider magazine, along with some of my photos of course!

All the best, hope you enjoy the photos!
Paul J Freeman
email: [email protected]
//www.pjfreemanphotography.com

vintage bikes, etc: http://www.pjfreemanphotography.com/Motorcycles/Enduro/2012-Sandy-Lane-Vintage-bikes/22020981_5g7TKM#!i=1756977051&k=jhNq82J

event pics: http://www.pjfreemanphotography.com/Motorcycles/Enduro/2012-Sandy-Lane-Enduro/22002985_tB34Zd#!i=1758336464&k=WPtbwhk

checkcrew

Paul, hi and welcome to the POG,

it was great to finally meet you in person at Sandy Lane,

i can't say thank you enough for the fine write-up and the fantastic hi quality photos you shot of the Vintage display and the Enduro,

you will be a true asset to the POG !!!

thanks again,
regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Paul Freeman

Thanks for the kind words Mike; and of course I was equally as glad to finally get a chance to meet you in person...   I was very impressed with your (and your clubs efforts), they really paid off... collectively it all made for another historical milestone event.. that people will surely be talking about in another 25 to 75 years.  
I am grateful and honored that I was asked to come and photograph this event, and glad I was able to help document and capture the images that I hope will be priceless for future generations...

Looking forward to seeing & photographing your vintage bike collection next!
Best regards,
Paul

dennis brown

after looking at all the pics of vintage bikes,i did not see one greeves.greeves was a important bike in the 60s, you see so few today. but nice to see the old enduro bikes

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown