ISDT 1962 Germany and 1976 Austria.

Started by Speedy, January 31, 2012, 01:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy

Getting ready for the next day...

Some riders just had bad luck..

Three of this Polish scooters made it to the finish line as a team.All 3 got silver.

Speedy

Somebody is in pain,but without the OK from a official,you can not help him...

Gordon Brennan

Somebody is in pain,but without the OK from a official,you can not help him...

Looks like the guy in the white shirt is reading that to him right from the rule book. [V]

Hey Speedy, Will you be back to Ormstown this year? Your autograph is still on my helmet and brought me good luck, here in New England!
Gordon

Speedy

Yes,it looks as if my nefyou comes again to us in vacation,and he would love to go to Ormstown again.But then again,on the same weekend just 3/4 of an hour from my place is a National HS with a Vintage Class attached.
So, I am not 100% sure what to do.This National is in our skihills and that could be a great up and down challenge.:D:D:D

Will see.Still some time to think about it.

Mike OReilly

Helmut:
By now you should know that a vintage class at a modern event does not even begin to match a vintage only event!
At the modern, I find that the old bikes, and the old guys are viewed as an after-thought and a novelty at best.
For those that missed it, at Ormstown, Quebec Off-Road Festival last year, Helmut, Mick Andrews, Steve Tucker and my buddy Bill Bak were all out playing with each other in the final moto of a trials, cross-country and MX weekend. Putting on a great show - not really racing, just kind of revelling in the moment. When Mick's BSA stopped running, Helmut pulled over and put Mick on the Sachs 7-Speed. He went from a 4-speed thumpre to a 7-speed screamer - where the heck did all those gears come from!
Mr. Speedy, we look forward to seeing you and your nephew back at Ormstown this year.
BTW, Mick enjoyed it so much that he has already committed to returning for 2012.
Mike

Gordon Brennan

Mike, We'll see you in August. That was one muddy, wet day. Here's those two great racers. I never new Mick was such a good motocrosser.

Gordon Brennan

And here's the track two days after we left!! This picture was taken from the same spot the above picture was taken from.

tomale

I love all the pics. Most of this was taken before I even ever through a leg a bike. I love looking at he tdifferent helmets. Bikes too. Then I realize that some of the riders are my age. My how time fly's. thanks guys for sharing the pictures.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mike OReilly

Great Photos.
Look at those faces, and now tell me you would get that kind of experience or those smiles at a modern event. That one picture kind of epitomizes the vintage experience. Something that I know is not unfamiliar to most POG members. To quote JP, it is not really about the machines, it's about the people.
The water in the second shot, BTW was the result of Hurricane Irene which blew through the Northeast that weekend. It hammered the Adirondacks in N.Y. and then flowed on down through Quebec on its way to the St. Lawrence River. We got out of there just in time.
Thanks Gord for the shots.
Mike