Chrome Plating and Custom Cables

Started by robbersroost1, February 19, 2012, 09:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbersroost1

Looking for a good source for chrome plating and a source for custom made cables. My concerns would be (not losing the parts,getting a good job and a timely turn around.
Terry Laible

Kip Kern

Reckon Plating, Ft. Wayne Indiana (Chrome), Terry Cable California (Cables).  Have delt with both and are great.  Contact info can be found on the net.  I usually make my own cables but when I can't, I call Terry Cable.  T+J Palting here locally does all of mine, and many others in POG, Zinc plating. Have been in business over 30 years, same family.

The key thing is, try to visit the place that will be working for you and get a feel for their work, establish a bond, and explain what you are doing with their craft.  I also send/show them photos of my finished products. Always works for me!!

Dale Fisher

I just had my first couple of parts plated with ABC Plating in Waterford, Michigan.  They did a nice job but chrome plating these days is moderately expensive.  The brake arm and muffler bracket for my steel tanker were $150. the gas tank cap locking lever they are doing for $25.

For Zinc plating I have recently used Plymouth Plating in Plymouth, Michigan with good results.

Have used both Speed and Sport and Terry Cable for replacements.  In one case the only way to get the "non standard arrangement" throttle cable exact was to send Terry Cable the new hand throttle and carb.  Both items made it there and back with no problems and the new cable (second ordered as a spare) work perfectly.

Dale Fisher
POG Memberships
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
73 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

gooddirt

Wow that is robbery I pay a third of that. The cost is in the surface prep mostly .