Cleveland Cycle Show Pics

Started by nsujeff, February 04, 2012, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsujeff

Here's some pics from the 2012 Cleveland show.

John Penton's Grand National Champion NSU Maxi.

Maxi and MaxPiner

MaxPiner and early Steel Tank Penton

Late Sunday afternoon rest before teardown.

Later model Pentons plus a modern KTM as a tie in to the present day.

Modern day Penton?!

Al's flattracker

Another view of the early row

Almost twins

Rear view of our booth.

Al conversing with late Sunday visitors

Another flattracker pic.

Ollie explaining why Pentons are the way they are.

One shot of the exciting trials show.

A very fast Vincent for its day.

The new Norton at the show.

1958 NSU Maxi 175cc multiple trophy winning bike with Mr Penton aboard.
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio

Kip Kern

Beautiful set up guys, thanks for the photos Jeff!  Boy would I love to own one of those new Norton's![:p]

OUCWBOY

AWESOME!!!!! as always. Great Job to all.
Wish I could have been there.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

olgoose

Outstanding display! Great job.

David Duarte loomis, Ca.
David Duarte loomis, Ca.

nsujeff

Well, I finally got time to caption the pics from the Bike Show. They were taken late Sunday afternoon so the bikes could be seen without any obstructions. There were many,many people visiting the booth with stories of their Pentons or who they watched racing them, being their role models, or just admiring the machinery.

I also posted the pics on the International Motorcycle Shows website for more exposure for the club.http://community.motorcycleshows.com/service/searchEverything.kickAction?as=151420&mediaType=photo&sortType=recent&tab=yes&includePhoto=on&d-7095067-p=1
This is good for a sort time as it is a link for the recent pics posted.You can still go through the pics though.

Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio

Paul Danik

Jeff,

Thanks for taking the pictures and posting them.

I would also like to mention that Al Buehner was kind enough to supply us with LARGE Penton decals to use as handouts at the show. Al said that if we saw a youngster looking at the display and showing interest in the Pentons, that we should engage the youngster in some conversation about the bikes and then give him a decal.

The one thing that Al didn't do was give us his definition of "youngster" :D As a matter of fact, I had a number of gray haired and a few bald "youngsters" tell of their days of Penton ownership and riding, as per Al's instructions I also presented these youngsters with decals. I can honestly tell you that every one of the "youngsters" that was given a decal was smiling and quite happy as they left our display area.

When John Penton was on hand it made a great impression on folks wanting his autograph that Al's decals were available at no cost for them to have John sign.

Many of the folks told of how they were going to proudly display their Penton decal when got home.

My hat is off to Al Buehner for being so generous with those decals. You don't see such generosity very often in today's world.

Hopefully if we are invited to set up a display next year some of you folks who have yet to attend the show will make the trip and join with us at the booth, it is a very rewarding and enjoyable time.

Paul

seanguthrie

Very nice display guys!!

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

ABORN

Great job, Jeff and Thanks.  Al