Never say never... J. Wood Daytona Auction

Started by willstoner, March 06, 2012, 10:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willstoner

Folks,

Remember, I said "never say never" when it came to returning to the swap meet game? Well, my retirement lasted twenty days! Famed vintage motorcycle auctioneer Jerry Wood has asked me to assist with the swap meet portion of the 25th Annual J. Wood and Company Daytona Antique & Classic Motorcycle Auction & Meet March 14-16, 2012 at the Volusia County Fairgrounds in DeLand, Florida.

As you may know, Wood, who was also trying to retire, sold the rights to his Daytona auction to another company a few years ago. That company was purchased by yet another auction house and the new company decided in late 2011 not to produce the Daytona auction in 2012. Many people told Jerry and Dee that they really wanted to see the event continue and that they would support it, so a major effort was launched with a new larger capacity location. Jerry and his wife Dee prevailed upon me to assist with the swap meet element of the Auction.

Here are some of the details:

•         The Volusia County Fair and Expo Center is located at 3150 E State Road 44, the intersection of Interstate 4 and State Rd. 44, in Deland, Florida.
•         10' X 20' outside vendor spots are $35 and $50 inside for all three days and include 2 event passes per vendor.
•         General admission is $5 on Wednesday and Thursday and $10 on Friday, auction day.
•         A 3-day pass is $15.
•         Link to the auction web site: http://www.daytonaauction.com/

FOR SWAP MEET INFO: Will Stoner, Office: 440-591-5099, Cell: 216-849-6875
e mail: [email protected]

FOR AUCTION INFO: Jerry Wood, 352-795-8895 e mail: [email protected]

Will Stoner