POG April meeting update

Started by Paul Danik, April 07, 2012, 05:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The Saturday April 14th. POG meeting at the National Packard Museum is just a week away, their website has the address and directions as well as some great insight to the facility http://packardmuseum.org/ Below are some random notes and thoughts, please feel free to ask any questions that you might have.

Gunnar has his travel plans all arranged and he will have some of his books, Husqvarna Success on hand. We can not thank Gunnar Lindstrom enough for being our very special guest at this gathering.

We will have an area outside of the Museum cordoned off to display any machines that you may wish to bring. As always we encourage you to bring your Penton or Pentons to display, but please don't hesitate to bring along your favorite Husky, Greeves, Rokon or ???? HODAKAs are welcome toooo[}:)]

The doors to the Museum open at noon and the meeting will get under way at 1. We will NOT be serving any lunch, please have your "tank" filled before coming to the start line:)

We will have the POG video camera set up to record the meeting, but as all you enduro riders know, it never hurts to have a good spare on hand.  If any of you are into video recording please feel free to bring your camera along and catch the meeting in your own way. Hopefully we can combine the efforts of several recordings to capture this look into the history of the Penton and the Penton / Husky relationship of days gone by.

The folks at the National Packard Museum have been simply awesome to work with, they have a commitment to telling the Packard story that is unbelievable, yet they have welcomed a motorcycle display into their Museum each winter and have opened their facility to us like we were long lost cousins, for this we are very grateful.

John Penton has often stated that if Husky had just built the small displacement motorcycle that he envisioned that the Penton motorcycle never would have been built, hopefully you will be able to attend this gathering and hear from Gunnar Lindstrom and John Penton both sides of that history changing story.

Thanks,
Paul

ALB

I'll be there. I have wanted to see the Packard Museum for the past 5 or 6 years now there is a good excuse to do so.

This is also a good opportunity to contact a fellow POG member and do some car pooling. Traveling to bike events with a fellow enthusiast make the trip shorter and more fun.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Paul Danik

The meeting date is coming quick.  I spoke with Rohn Bohn yesterday and he is planning on making the meeting, Ron and Gunnar go way back with their mutual involvement with Husky.  "Crazy" Jake Fischer will be making the trip as well with Conrad at the wheel.

They are calling for a possibility of a few showers on Saturday, but with a high of 62 and a low of 45 I think the new meeting date has gotten us away from the dreaded winter storms :)

Hope to see many of your on Sat.

Thanks,
Paul

Gary Roach

We were so looking forward to this cool meeting. Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to get away from work this weekend...thought I was going to be able to take the time off, but low senority stinks some times. So that being said, I hope everyone has a great time, will look forward to seeing some pics and videos. Thanks again Paul and all the POG members that planned this very special day, sorry we won't be there. I know it will be awesome! Hope to see you all at Mid-Ohio Vintage Days!
Toni Roach[:X]

lmroberts36

I'll be there rain or shine! Wouldn't miss this one.

Larry Roberts, Mont Alto, PA
1973 Penton 125 Six-day
1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo track car
http://rotarydiagnostics.com
1973 Penton 125 Six-days(Sold)
1984 Honda V65 Magna (sold)

Paul Danik

Toni and Gary, sorry to hear that you won't be attending.  Toni, your former Berkie is going to placed inside as a backdrop for the photos..:)

Larry, looking forward to seeing you again, have a safe trip.

To all,

Gunnar sent a case of his book, Husqvarna Success, ahead of him and they will be available at the meeting.

The forecast still calls for a chance of thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon, we do hope to have some bikes on display outside of the Museum, if you don't want your machine out in the rain that is understandable, if you don't mind your bike possibly getting a free POG wash please feel free to bring it along.

We will start setting up the meeting area this afternoon, gotta Pentonize the Packard Museum :)  

Have a safe trip.
Paul

thrownchain

Had fun :D, nice localle, very friendly people, wet weather, but no snow.

Mark P

I wish I could have made this meeting Paul! Will be back in Oakland/Deep Creek area this coming week.Perhaps can attend another POG mtg later this summer/fall.

lmroberts36

Enjoyed the event Paul. The presentation by Gunnar was particularly interesting. And the exchange between Jack and John was worth the trip.:)

Thanks for your efforts in arranging the event!

1973 Penton 125 Six-day
1973 Penton 125 Six-days(Sold)
1984 Honda V65 Magna (sold)