Memorial day

Started by paul a. busick, May 24, 2012, 08:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul a. busick

Hi fellow POG members.  Memorial day will soon be here and we will enjoy the burgers, hot dogs, family, etc..  But, let us not forget the true meaning of the day.  Take time to reflect about all of the Vets that gave their last full measure for our freedom and way of life. Enjoy your weekend.
Amherst Paul

hankthecrank

Amen. Thanks to all those who gave us our freedom. Hank USN

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

OUCWBOY

Thanks to all who have served or still serving!

Donny Smith
USN Retired
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mark P

Same as all before. Never Forget.

Today is my 30th anniversary for pinning on that bright yellow Army butter bar all those years and miles ago. Where has the time gone?!

Bulldog06
USAR(ret.)

hankthecrank

My next door neighbor is 89 years old and is currently in ICU from heart failure. She is 4ft 7 in and about 100lbs. From 1943 to 1945 she was stationed in New Orleans , serving in the USN. This gallant lady helped develop and test the comm equip on our PT boats and rode them during testing on Lake Ponchatrain. When I asked her once, why the Navy?, she replied I wanted to join the Army, but I don't like khaki. The Navy had those pretty blue uniforms. Another of our greatest generation.

Hank Rinehart    An update. Retha MacAvoy went home to be with our Lord at 4:00 am this morning.
Hank Rinehart

tomale

well said Paul, I totally agree. It has been just over a year that my Dad passed away 6 years in the Navy and in every major battle of the pacific execpt Midway, including Pearl harbor. I still can't believe he is gone on to his reward. Miss him greatly. Thanks to all who have served this great nation.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W