tyran & 68 berkshire parts

Started by cardojr, May 10, 2002, 12:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardojr

can anyone help with tyran mx parts-looking
for side shrouds ans a seat (or base).
I'm also looking for a front fender mount, centerstand,air cleaner nut(looks like an X)) and a frame plug (rails under the seat) for a 68 berkshire. used and ugly is ok
thanks,rob

Doug Wilford

Talk confused, tyran forget it what is it you need for the Berky?

cardojr

Doug,
 For my 68 berkshire, I'm looking for a centerstand,a front fender mounting bracket,an air cleaner nut for the old style alum. airbox, and a plug that goes into the rear frame rails (it's rubber and bullet shaped). I talked to Al B. last year and he said some of this can only be found as previously used/abused.
I can post part #s if required.
My dad bought this bike used in 1970 and would get a good laugh in biker heaven to see my kids rip on it.
thanks,
Rob Card

Paul Danik

Rob,
   Did you know that the Tyrans were built by Ted Wassell?  I saw a good parts bike at the Mansfield, Ohio swapmeet in Feb. Maybe someone will remember who had it there.  It hadn't sold by the end of the day and the guy was rather firm on his price.  It had no engine.  Hope this helps.
Paul

Paul Danik

Rob,
  I was able to track down the name and phone number of the guy with the Tyran.  Contact me at  [email protected]   and I will give you the info.
Paul