Vintage or other MC Shows/Evbents

Started by Ronkeys, December 17, 2000, 05:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronkeys

I'm going to be in the south Michigan area in early January.  Does anyone know of any events/shows going on at that time in Michigan?

Ron Keys
Ron Keys

Frankie Schaffier

Hello Ron,

Michigan is my old stomping grounds before moving here to South Carolina.( Going to reach 60 today) I don't know of any shows or events, that I can remember in Jan. There used to be a bike show at cobo hall in Detroit, I just dont remember the time frame, just know that it was cold when it was going on. But what you can do is drop Tom Lee an E-mail, [email protected]  and get hooked up with him. Tom is the dude that helped put Michigan vintage MX on the map! Have Tom take you to Jack's Cycle World in Brighton Mich. Jack's is a KTM dealer and is owned by Jackie and Biff. Now you won't find a better bunch of folks anywhere. This is a old time bike shop where you can sit around and talk about Pentons just as long as you like. Biff has a 74 Penton 250 MX and he just flat flies on it, but is well know for his Hmmmmm, how do you sayyy, riding style, thats it. And thats why we call him Biff.:) Just drop Tommy a note or if for some reason Tom can't make it, (Tom would skip just about anyting to talk about bikes) drop in on Jackie and Biff at Jack's yourself, you'll be glad you did.
Be sure to tell them Frankie sent Ya, its good for free pizza.

Frankie

74 Penton 400
Lugoff SC.