"Bargain" Pentons recently sold

Started by Jeff D, August 24, 2012, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

Hey gang,
A good friend of mine is going through a messy dee-vorce in which his ex took possession of 40-some vintage bikes, including about a dozen Pentons.  If anyone here has bought a Penton recently out of the Kansas City area at a bargain basement price, could you please contact me off-line at jeffdebell at aol dot com.  It is possible they may have been sold out of the Indianapolis area.  
This is just to determine the actual dollar amount each piece sold for.  My buddy isn't trying to get the bikes back and you need not be scared of any legal actions or anything like that.  The ex is telling him she's sold 10 Pentons for around a grand or less each.  This included a steel tank 125 signed by both John and Jack at Mid-Ohio a few years ago and also a 125 Monark which she claims she sold for $500.  The ex and her attorney somehow can't seem to "find" the records of sale at the moment and have asked for a one month extension in court...I'm guessing to fabricate something, but that's just me talking!
My buddy is just trying to get what is owed to him as the proceeds from sale of any of the bikes is supposed to go towards what the ex owes him in the big D settlement.  All info will be handled with the strictest of confidentiality.  We are just trying to get an accurate accounting.  He was also supposed to get first dibs on any group of 5 bikes or more sold as a lot, so info along those lines would be helpful, too.
The Pentons include all displacements from 100 to 400, 1968 to 1978. Other bikes sold include an Ossa Phantom, 3 or 4 nice Bultaco Pursangs, and a 490 Maico with a brand new rebuilt never-been-started engine which she supposedly sold for $1800.  
I hope this post doesn't violate any rules of POG good behavior...I'm just trying to do my pal a favor in getting to the truth in this case.  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Kip Kern

Jeff

Have not heard a thing out of Indy for sale.

[email protected]

Nothing I've seen on any Craigslist searches in the past month out of either areas.

72 Penton 6 day 125
76 Penton 125GS
77 Penton GS6
78 KTM 175GS6
76 Hercules GS175
1975 Ossa dessert phantom
1978 GS125 Hercules w/coffin tank
76 GS250 Herc
72 Penton 6 day 125
72 Penton 175 Jackpiner
75 Penton GS6 400
76 Penton 125GS
76 Penton 250GS
77 Penton GS6 400
77 KTM 250GS
77 Penton 125 MC6
78 KTM 175GS6
78 KTM GS6
78 1/2 KTM 175GS6
76 Hercules GS175
1978 GS125 Hercules w/coffin tank
76 GS250 Herc

seanguthrie

I have a pretty close ear to the door for any vintage motorcycle deals coming through Indianapolis, and like the guys said no Penton's have poped up on the Indy marked that were advertised to the general public.  The black market underground vintage motorcycle dealings have been very quiet too. : )

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Jeff D

My buddy and I were talking about this just this evening and wondering how 10 Pentons were supposedly sold and how they were advertised.  Seems pretty fishy since none have shown up locally on Craigslist or nationally on eBay, Marks Swapmeet, or any of the other normal places.  Methinks I smells a rat!
Thanks to all for keeping their ears to the ground!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

AndyL

Jeff,
I have been watching in the KC area for any of Jimmy's bikes, and only saw the one that showed up on CL, then Ebay about two months ago.

Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

seanguthrie

If you can verify that one bike was sold and track that buyer you may find the rest.  I have seen deals where someone got a killer deal and found out there were more.  They brought their buddies in and scooped up the deals before it went out to everyone else.

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213