September POG meeting

Started by Paul Danik, September 03, 2012, 08:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The POG meeting for September will take place on Thursday September 6th.  The meeting will be held at KTM in Amherst, Ohio and will begin at 7 pm.

If the stars align properly and the business portion of the meeting doesn't run long, we hope to view at least a portion of Bad Rock, the Peter Starr film that captured the Bad Rock ISDT Qualifier in 1973. If time permits we can view the entire DVD, if not we will catch the rest next month.  Lots of great footage and young looking riders.....

As always, you do not need to be a POG member to attend.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Danik

Just a reminder, tonight is the meeting....  

BYOP...Bring Your Own Popcorn for the movie

Paul

ALB

I have anticipated as to who is going to show up at the meeting. I will be bringing copies of the current POG newsletter to hand out to the members that attend.

I am looking forward watching the "Bad Rock" video with the guys and having them point out all the Penton riders that rode the event that are shown in the movie but not recognized by the announcer.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Paul Danik

The POG meeting didn't turn out to be a BYOP meeting, thanks to Mike Rosso...  

Mike, who originally is from the Pittsburgh area and raced a Steel Tank Penton "back in the day", has been with KTM for many years and is our inside man who makes sure that we can get into the KTM building when we arrive, as well as locking up when we leave. Mike also provides us with any technical assistance that we might need during the meeting, like making sure we could watch the Bad Rock DVD at the meeting, but Mike didn't stop there. Mike picked up microwave popcorn for us and even popped it for us :)

Thanks Mike, we sure appreciate all that you do for us.

It seemed like everyone enjoyed watching the Bad Rock DVD.  Doug Wilford, the 1972 Bad Rock overall winner was sitting next to John Penton and they both said that the movie brought back a lot of great memories.

A big thanks also goes out to Peter Starr for creating the original Bad Rock movie as well as to Hodaka and Pennzoil for sponsoring it, they sure preserved a wonderful slice of history for all of us to view.

Paul

thrownchain

I watch my copy back to back with the "2 Days in September" video. Alot of neet old bikes.