Land Between the Lakes Dual Sport

Started by Jack Penton, September 11, 2012, 02:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Penton

Last weekend I went to the Land Between the Lakes AMA National Dual Sport hosted by Jesse Thomas and his family. It was the 26th annual event and it brought back memories of the Twin States Enduros that Jesse had been puting on since the early '70s. Jesse is one of motorcyling's true gentlemen and unsung hero for the ages. His son Bobby and his wife, two sons and extended family are now helping put the event on and it is in great hands.

They have foster lasting relationships with the forestry department in one of the most senic and cherished park areas in the region and have been granted rights to ride on hiking trails that are only accessable by motorcycle once a year.

It is with my deapest respect that I say "thank you" to the Thomas family for a lifetime of supplying motorcycling enjoyment to all of us.

These people and all that serve for us are what me proud to be a motorcyclist.

Jack

derek martin

Well said. I rode this event several times back when the TVA controlled the LBL and always had great fun. The fact that this event is still held in the LBL speaks volumes for the capabilities of the Thomas family as the area is now controlled by the National Forest Service.
I rode the Stoney Lonesome MC AMA dual sport up in Brown County, Indiana a few weeks ago and had large fun - the 23 mile single track "Jones" section was outstanding.
Hats off to the Stoney Lonesome club for also putting on a great event.