Sachs engine case repair

Started by penrac, September 11, 2012, 11:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penrac

I could not help but notice all the activity from Rob W's post with his quality "Sachs engine case protectors" (over 2000 in 3 days!)There must be a reason for such interest in Rob's case savers. I understand there was a weak link with these bikes throwing chains and damaging the cases.  We at Penton Racing Products can repair the damage done to these highly valued Sachs engine cases! Attached are some photos of a typical drive chain injury repair done here at PRP.
Jerry Birky

http://pentoninc.us/

thrownchain

Can you give an approx cost? turn around time? and can you repair the covers to match?  Thx

chicagojerry

as i have stated here before, jerry does OUTSTANDING work! his expanded services at penton racing products is a welcome addition. i have personally seen these cases and i would not hesitate on recommending his workmanship.
chicago jerry

penrac

Cost for this weld repair service is $65.00 per hr. The repair shown ended up at $150.00. We will estimate any work before proceding repair. Yes side cover repair as well. Turn around time varies as we work around machining and building the ignition systems here. I like to keep turn around within a week or 10 days.
  Jerry Birky

thrownchain

joe novak

Do the cases need to be split and empty of gears, seals, and crank?  joe

penrac

That depends on extent of damage, if it is minor no, but major, yes it is best to strip cases, it makes pre heating and post heating eaiser. You can always e-mail me a photo of the damage Joe.
  Jerry