Wanted: Early Steel Tanker Frame

Started by hotrod392, October 24, 2012, 07:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod392

Poggers,
I am still looking for a very early (serial number V-200 or below) frame to build a long airbox bike. Will consider any condition, even if its seriously damaged. Rollers welcome as well. What have you got laying around that you aren't going to get to?

I would possibly trade another early '68 frame (between serial number 300 and 450) for the earlier model if that works.

I am also still desperately seeking some '68 shocks (even a single) and a 4 bolt rear hub.

Thanks
Shane
[email protected]
270-779-5070

seanguthrie

Quotequote:Originally posted by hotrod392

Poggers,
I am still looking for a very early (serial number V-200 or below) frame to build a long airbox bike. Will consider any condition, even if its seriously damaged. Rollers welcome as well. What have you got laying around that you aren't going to get to?

I would possibly trade another early '68 frame (between serial number 300 and 450) for the earlier model if that works.

I am also still desperately seeking some '68 shocks (even a single) and a 4 bolt rear hub.

Thanks
Shane
[email protected]
270-779-5070

I have v098 or 99, cant tell for sure.  It's in very ruff condition and not sure I want to part with it.  Also it's the godfather of Penda's so i've been told.

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

tonupchad

Guth'

Is that the one from Fla or  another one...  How many st's do yu have?!!  Regardless, hope to see one of them on the track next season..
\\\'73 Six Day (CMF)
\\\'68 Six Day Wasselump

hotrod392

Sean,
I would be very interested in your bike. Please call me at 270-779-5070 or drop me a line. I have several 68's and might have one you like better if you don't want to sell yours.
Thanks
Shane

seanguthrie

Chad, this one is sitting in my garage and has been for a couple years.  Been trying to get the project off the ground but you know how that goes.  The one in FL is V312 I think.  I still have yet to get my hand on it, but its in a nice safe dry spot till I get there in Feb.  I will have a six day in the woods at some point next race season!

Shane, I'll try to give you a buzz this weekend when I'm out kicking around in the garage.  By the way where are you located?  I'm in Indianapolis, IN.

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

hotrod392

I am in Bowling Green, KY but have relatives in Indy, so a trip up would be good for two reasons! I will be traveling Sunday afternoon via airplane, but should be around this evening, all day Saturday or Sunday morning.
I look forward to talking to you. Your bike is exactly what I need and I have the parts to put it back as it was.
Thanks

Shane