storm

Started by Dale Sonnenschein, October 28, 2012, 05:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Sonnenschein

Looks like it will be a couple of tough days here on the east coast. batten down the hatches fellow poggers!!!

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

checkcrew

Dale,

well put !!

i am 45 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and 15 miles east of Philly,
doesn't look good !!

me and my Pentons will be riding it out, this will be one special test for the books :-))

Guys and Gals, keep me in your Prayers,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

hankthecrank

Take care all! Remember to be safe. We are going to get lots of water, wind and finally some snow. Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Dale Sonnenschein

I'm 90 mile west of manhattan and we will have alot of rain and wind. But nothing like you will be getting mike. Be smart and be safe. I hope you make it through safely.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

SouthRider

As an insurance agent and veteran of Andrew, Katrina, and most recently Isaac - I wouldn't wish this on anyone...

Please stay safe, and if you are in a mandatory evacuation area GET OUT.

There is a lot of science to those evacuation decisions, and they are for real. Your family & pets are important - the rest can be fixed or replaced.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

Paul Danik

Dale, Mike and any others,

Please check in with updates if you can.

Best of luck to you all.

Paul

checkcrew

power is back on and all is OK !!!

a lot of tree branches and leaves thru out the streets and yards,
20 mph winds off and on with light rain but getting better by the hr.

thanks for all your kind thoughts and to those that contacted me by phone and internet :-)))

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Dale Sonnenschein

You lucky dog,mike. No power here yet. I think the winds got to about 50 mph or so. A lot of trees down and no sign of NYSEG.  No news of when power may be back. There are still trees blocking my street up from my house.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

chicagojerry

i'm glad that your power is back on mike and everyone else made it through. my power is still off here just a little southwest of amherst oh.   i'm pretty rural so we may bottom of the food chain getting power back on here. next door at my father in law's their 100 year old barn blew down, thankfully it was mostly empty..   i should make it to the pog meeting thurs night, at least there is heat and light there. i have a generator running 24/7 to be able to keep the sump pump and refrigerators working, so some lights but no heat or hot water.  can't complain though. it could be much worse.
chi jer

thrownchain

Upstate NY, just another rain and wind event here, no biggy ......

chicagojerry

power back on this morning. already wrapped up all the extension cords, six way plugs and the generator. furnace is warming the house back up and in another half hour i should have HOT water again to be able to take a real shower.:) going next door to my in-laws with a chainsaw to cut his tractor out from the downed barn. especially thankful for my many blessings today. i am glad that i did some prep work prior to the storm hitting or it could have much worse. as it was, it was just a major inconvenience instead of a major catastrophe like they have out east. many of you know both zahn and tamara lewis they are in queens ny working for fema. please keep them in your prayers.   chi jer

SouthRider

wow - The Lewis team seems to have a bottomless supply of energy & caring for others.

We are thankful for them & others like them.

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

Dale Sonnenschein

Yeah, no power here. Looks like either the 4th or the 7th. And I STILL haven't seen a NYSEG truck yet!!!

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

KJDonovan

Dale,

Do you have a generator?  If not, you are welcome to borrow mine as our power came back on.   It's 7500W and I just serviced it after our power came on, so it's ready to go.  Looking at the map you appear to be about 3-1/2 hours away from me.  If you need it, just give me a shout 401-392-3347.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125
73 Yamaha AT3
72 Montesa Cota 123
88 KTM GS250
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Dale Sonnenschein

Kevin, Thanks for the offer. I have a generator and yesterday was a little tough getting gas. Someone started a gas shortage rumor and WOW, everyone flooded the local gas stations.
One thing I have found here on the POG site is some of the nicest, most generous people. Definitly top notch!!
Hats off to you all.

Thanks again Kevin,

Dale

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r