Need Swingarm Bushing, '69 125 Six Day

Started by Bill Ryburn, November 08, 2012, 04:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ryburn

I am in need of swing arm bushings for my late '69 Six Day 125 (Steeltanker). Al doesn't have any in stock. OEM would be preferred if avialble, or good old ones, or possible bronze bushings or some made from high impact polymer. I need something so I can go riding again.
This is not for a garage queen resoration,but for an old steel tanker regularly ridden (not very fast)in AHRMA events.
Thanks,
Bill Ryburn.  I can be contacted at: wryburn(at)aol.com.

johnborn

I may have some good used ones.I will let you know .

johnborn

slvrbrdfxr

Hi Bill,
Was glad to see you and your trusty Steeltanker at the ISDT RR a few weeks ago. The rocks at Zink Ranch can certainly take their toll on the old bikes and I was glad to see that the old girl made it through the weekend with no major issues. Take a look at these Monark swingarm bushings for sale on eBay. They look very much like the ones for the Steeltankers and could very possibly be the same. I'd say to contact the seller and get him to do some measurements to use as a comparison. I have bought some items from this seller for a Monark I'm reassembling and he usually answers back quickly. Hope these will work so let me know.
Dave McCullough

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MCB-Monark-Motorcycle-Moto-Cross-Enduro-Swingarm-Rear-Fork-Bushings-/261075474588?hash=item3cc94f989c&item=261075474588&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Bill Ryburn

John-thanks for checking on the bushings.
Dave- thanks for the link on e-bay. Apparently these won't fit.  The seller ask for the dimensions, and I had to give him an approximation as I have not removed the bushings yet and don't want to until I have sourced some replacements.
Does anyone out there know the dimensions of these swing arm bushings (Penton part # 4-36.000)
My approximtion is:  40 mm length, about 22 mm O.D. and 10 mm I.D.
If someone has an old steeltank swingarm and could measure the O.D for these bushings, this would go a long way in helping me find a replacement.
Bill Ryburn