Started by tofriedel, December 23, 2012, 09:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tofriedel

Tony

Lew Mayer

Lew Mayer

rob w

rob w

I have one of those (original yellow) in better shape than that I would sell.

firstturn

The same seller now has a '73 250 pipe for sale.  It looks like he is going to part the bike out!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

chicagojerry

i sent him a question about a husky mag part that he had and then asked him if this bike had a pipe. he took some pix of it and listed it. dan mc from mo. might be interested in it..   has the silencer. chi jer

gooddirt

This dippy doodle parted out a  175 with 400 miles on it a few months ago. Must mean mint green paint color :)

Paul Danik

Here is a bit of info on the "Mint" 250.

In the April of 1973 issue of Keep'em Winning, a news letter that went only to Penton dealers, is a picture of the new Penton 250cc sitting in front of the Penton R & D building. It has alloy fenders on it, AND it is called the Penton Mint 250cc.

The November of 1973 issue of Cycle Guide has a test of the new Penton 250, it is referred to as the Penton 250cc Mint through out the article. The test bike has the MX tank on it, but no decal saying Mint, just PENTON with what appears to be 250cc in small numbers under PENTON.

Penton didn't refer to the 250 as the Mint 250 for very long, apparently they realized that the Mint name would fit the 400 much better.

If you have the first instruction manual for the 250, the 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 one that is dated July, 1973, inside is the photo of the Mint / Hare Scrambler with the alloy fenders.  Not sure how many were shipped that way, if any.

Paul

gooddirt

Sure hope he's not parting out a  " Mint 250"[:0]

checkcrew

looks like he is parting out the complete bike and the parts are going fast !!

look at his completed listings, quite a bit sold in the last 2 days !

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]