1968/69 steel tanker hardware

Started by gooddirt, January 09, 2013, 09:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddirt

What was the OEM brand logo for the various bolts and fasteners .What should be used for the side of the short seat black smooth head thing- a- jigs. ?

Kip Kern

Schmidt (sp),  Nuda (sp), ZKW,  No blank headed bolts.  Some others when I get home to check, I have a bunch NOS in a tool box.

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by gooddirt

What was the OEM brand logo for the various bolts and fasteners .What should be used for the side of the short seat black smooth head thing- a- jigs. ?

Translation :  Seat rivets

gooddirt

Thanks .....  and they would be a spilt rivet type.

Kip Kern

gooddirt

Kip,  found some with  bufo  and would the  lobo  be later ktm ?

Kip Kern

Bufo is Husqvarna , Lobo is correct.  A few more originals are: Schmid, Bundu, Nedur, Verma, Graeka, Ribe, Gebi, Karro, Bauer, SBE, JDE, KGN, ZKW, Omel.  That's about all I grabbed from my stash of NOS Penton Bolts.  There are a few more I am sure and a very few 68/69 Sachs 8mm long case bolts were "slick" head.;)

Fred Deagostino

Very useful info.! If it may be of future use to anyone, V416, which I believe to be the second generation bike of 1968 (Kip would know for sure) and has survived intact, is fitted entirely with Bundu except for the three engine mount bolts which are Schmid.  Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

t20sl

For seat rivets to look correct what is anyone using and where do you get them for a 1970 125?  What is exact head diameter?
Thanks, Ted