Jackson Lake MX Park, Canal Winchester Ohio

Started by mike scholl, January 14, 2013, 02:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike scholl

All,

After viewing Dale Fisher's You Tube videos it inspired me to see if I could find any pictures or videos of a MX track that was five minutes away from where I grew up.

The name of the track was Jackson Lake MX Park in Canal Winchester, Ohio. Some people may say it was in Lithopolis,Ohio. The Penton I presently own was purchased by the Jackson family and raced there. I can remember riding my bicycle to the races and watching from many locations because I could ride my bicycle to different spots through out the event.

The Jackson family was in the construction business so they had the equipment to build a great track with several elevation changes.

The track didn't last very long because of noise. I never really thought about researching it until now.(Thank's Dale) I was wondering if anyone had photo's or old video's of this track.

The facility is still there today as a Camp Ground but no MX track.....

Sincerely,

Mike Scholl

Team J & J Cycles
Lithopolis,Ohio

Penton Berkshire 100
Husky 250 "Mag"
2- 74 400WR Husky's
2- 76 360WR Husky's
75 360 "Works" Husky
74 MR50 Honda
86 Z50R Honda
05 450 KTM EXC

jeff greenberg

Mike, doesn't look too far from Honda Hills where I raced several times back in the mid 70's

wade195

Would that be the Honda Hills that was in Ohio?

I remember being there in 79 I think?

Blessings

Doug Wade

jeff greenberg

You bet Doug.  That's the one. Pretty cool place back then.

mike scholl

Jeff,

It would be less than an hour from Honda Hills. I am sure it was only open for a couple years 1973-1975 before the noise became an issue and the family had to close that part of the park down.

It would be cool to find some pictures or video of this track.

I know the "Picture Man" was taking pictures back then but he mostly did Enduro pictures and some Hare Scramble's. He also took pictures of Ice Racing on Buckeye Lake. Dick was a friend of ours who frequently visited the shop. Dick also took our family pictures.

The most remebered treasure that he gave us all was the "Beer Map"

(Brave-Energetic-Enduro-Riders) and I have one now Thank's to Gary Roach.

Thank you for keeping this post alive!

Mike Scholl

Team J & J Cycles

jeff greenberg

Right on Mike!  Love the old track stuff! I can remember the creek crossing after the ski jump and before the first big "uphill" ,  cool