1977 Penton 250 GS6

Started by Jim Dale, March 09, 2013, 09:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Dale

1977 Penton 250 GS6

This bike is prepared for AHRMA Historic Open Cross Country competition, and runs strong.
Two tanks. Hard to find MX teardrop that fits the high breather frame, (9L) in original gel coat. Also enduro (12L) tank, modified for more triple tree clearance.
Fastway pegs
Stainless skid plate.
Michelin S12 tires, one event on rear.
Shifter shaft splines are worn, and are currently shimmed.
Arkansas street titled.
Stainless fasteners.
Torque/snake pipe.
Period Works shocks.
This bike has placed individual gold in the last three ISDT Reunion Rides. As of 9 March 2013, the bike is featured in the video of the month on the AHRMA home page, so you can see and hear it run. Or on Youtube, search for "2012 AHRMA ISDE Vintage Race Penton Zinc Ranch Cross Country Leroy Winters."  Bike previously owned, prepped, and raced by Dennis Jones.  Bike is located in central Arkansas.  $2450.  Jim Dale.  501-514-5510.

Jim
Jim

Bob Seymour

Jim, very nice bike you have there. Just a question though regarding those footpegs. Were those a bolt on deal or did they require some welding and fabrication to fit? Fastway is the brand or manufacturer?
            Thanks, Bob

Jim Dale

Hi Bob,
The Fastway pegs were on the bike when I bought it. The installation is clean and looks like it could be stock, but I do not have another GS6 to compare with. Wish I could be of more help.
Regards,
Jim

Jim
Jim