Indy Expo Show

Started by Mick Milakovic, February 22, 2013, 10:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Indianapolis Motorcycle Exposition Show this weekend at the State Fairgrounds in the exposition hall.  I went yesterday to set up my 390 Husky, Rik Smits was there with a couple bikes and Forest Stahl had a 400 cross, but no Pentons yet.  Lots of cool bikes, including one street rod with live scorpions in a box on the tail section!  Something fun to do on a wintry weekend!

Mick
Mick

seanguthrie

I saw the display as I was rolling my Triumph in last night.  I would have donated one of my Penton's had I known of the display.  It does look great though!  I'll be working the TonUp Rockers Reunion booth from 6-9 tonight and off and on the rest of the weekend.  Stop in and say hi!  My 66TT cafe is on display.  Can't miss it, probably the dirtiest bike in there.

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Mick Milakovic

Sean, I know what you mean, I wish I would have taken one of my Penton racers, dirty as they are.  maybe next year we can get together and do an entire POG set up for the event.

Mick
Mick

seanguthrie

I saw the display as I was rolling my Triumph in last night.  I would have donated one of my Penton's had I known of the display.  It does look great though!  I'll be working the TonUp Rockers Reunion booth from 6-9 tonight and off and on the rest of the weekend.  Stop in and say hi!  My 66TT cafe is on display.  Can't miss it, probably the dirtiest bike in there.

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Mick Milakovic

Sean, I know what you mean, I wish I would have taken one of my Penton racers, dirty as they are.  maybe next year we can get together and do an entire POG set up for the event.

Mick
Mick

seanguthrie

That sounds like a good idea Mick!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Mick Milakovic

The event was fun to attend, but it seemed more directed at street bikes and leather.  There were 10-12 bikes in the "dirt bike" arena, a "tiny-tots" demo area, Yamaha had free demo ride sign ups, a show bike area with lots of custom and stock street bikes on display, and dozens of displays by local shops.  I didn't spend a lot of time at the event, but when I picked up my bike on Sunday afternoon I had an opportunity to tell the John Penton story and make the connection between Penton and KTM.  The gentleman seemed fascinated and it made wonder if a Penton display next year might be in order.

Mick
Mick

seanguthrie

I've been involved with the Indy Vin Moto/Ton Up booth since it started.  We asked for the space about 5 or 6 years ago to promote vintage bikes in Indianapolis and they have invited us back for free ever since.  We have done some dirt bikes in the past but mainly cafe and vintage stock street bikes.  I do find myself talking vintage dirt bikes a lot in our area.  I always bring up the fact that I race vintage on a Penton.  I have had a lot of long conversations about Pentons!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213