Penton 125cc Bing Carburator Problem

Started by pklinck, February 22, 2013, 12:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Meatyard

Did you ever run this bike with this carb?  It sounds like you may have some mismatched parts or the float is bent, so when you push the bowl back in place, it is shoving the float up and closing the needle.  Because of some kind of interference between bowl and float, the float can't drop down and let fuel in even when the bowl is empty.

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

hankthecrank

Is the float upside down? This will force the needle shut. I've never done it on a Bing, but I have on a Mikuni.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

fischercycle

HELLO ALL AT POG, I HADE THE SAME SYNDROM, FOR YOUR BEST SOLUTION FOR YOUR CARB ,WE HAVE THEM ON SALE' (NOW NOS.ONLY 350.00 US DOLLARS, GET THEM WHILE THEY LAST'THAT IS MY BEST ADVICE NO COUNSELING NEEDED. THANKS JAKE

Paul Danik

Jake,

Getting that carb to work is all about the challenge :D,  like trying to make Killer hill on a snotty day, or crossing that log while the trail goes around it, or finishing the ISDT with a dislocated shoulder...:) but this challenge won't require any limping or slings afterward....unless the slide sticks wide open.

I saw your tank yesterday at Ric's when I picked up mine , they look awesome...

Paul

pklinck

Paul Danik,  thank you for the carburator solution.

It was a float problem.  I took the carb. off and tried to blow into the fuel inlet without success before opening it up.  It would not take air.  The problem was the adjustment according to the manual as you mentioned.  I did not take care to adjust  the level of the float when the ball just begins to touch the tab at a level float position.  

After 2 adjustments to be right on, I installed the carb., filled the gas line, and the tickler when pressed, allowed gas in...yes...  I started it on second kick and the bike sat there and idled.  very nice.  It seems i have been incorrectly adjusting my bing carbs. for awhile....smile.

peter klinck
peter klinck