Jackpiner Shocks Recommendation

Started by Keith Meatyard, March 06, 2013, 06:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Meatyard

Guys, I am finishing a very nice restoration on a 73 Jackpiner, and need a recommendation on a pair of new rear shocks that would be appropriate for the restoration.  Of course, I don't need expensive for racing, as I will be selling or trading this bike when completed.  I was thinking Hagon or Progressive?  Does anybody have some model numbers and supplier info?

Thanks,

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

Dwight Rudder

If racing and you want cheap, go Progressive Series 12 Gas shock with the 70/100 spring. 13.5"
If you want the shock to look original and you are not racing go Progressive  Series 13 non gas. 13 or 13.5". 70/100 spring or next heavier. Non gas shocks need a slightly heavier spring than the gasser. If you want the best go with the Works Performance custom shock.

KJDonovan

Keith,

I run Hagon Type A on my Jackpiner and have zero complaints.  I am not racing the bike, just trails and back roads.  Price was right and the shocks have held up very well.  Got them from Dave Quinn  http://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/HAGON_TWIN_SHOCKS.html

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125
73 Yamaha AT3
72 Montesa Cota 123
88 KTM GS250
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Rob Thatcher

I have a set of stock shocks off a 1972 Jackpiner that could be cleaned up and used if selling the bike.  Just a thought.

Keith Meatyard

Thanks guys for narrowing this down for me.  I believe I will go with a pair of Hagons.  I wanted to use new since all other aspects of this restore are either completely rebuilt or nicely re-finished.

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard