Grenaded 495 parts

Started by Jeff D, May 23, 2013, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

One of my buddies picked up a 495 recently, got it running after years of storage, and then grenaded the top end.  I should get some pics of the piston and jug...it's an epic failure!  Anyway, what are the best sources for 495 pistons, jugs and/or liners, rod and bearings, etc?

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

tofriedel

Jeff,

First I would contact Speedy.  If he cannot assist then try ANDRE HORVATH'S KTM Klassiker 1953 - 1992 //www.enduroklassiker.at

There is another individual that is having pistons made by Wossner in Germany with a 92.50 bore size.  I do not have his contact information, but I'll get it soon.

Tony
Tony

chicagojerry

denny ligerot       not sure if the last name is spelled correctly. he gets pistons made.     phone # 828 577 3366    don't know what else he has.     chi jer

Big Mac

Jeff- send a note to Steve "Flash" Ling of Sunrise KTM, Colorado. [email protected]

He's let his website go, but he's the major inside line for all things KTM 495 in the U.S. Usually stocks main parts from Andre of Austria. Has a healthy supply of new and used parts, and will keep a 495 going guaranteed--has never let me down.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR