Seat recovering

Started by BurmaWolf, June 07, 2002, 08:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurmaWolf

I've just aquired a '75 250 Hare Scrambler.  The seat is in poor shape and needs to be recovered properly (and some foam removed--I'm short!)

Who knows an upholsterer with experience in Penton seats and who would have the correct seatcover?

Best regards,

BurmaWolf

He tried
To cross
As fast train neared
Death didn't draft him
He volunteered
--Burma-Shave--

metalkfab

Check with Al Buehner listed on the parts page,he'll have some of the items you need. I'm currently working with someone who is restoring(assembling) one of my seats.I'll post the outcome once he's done.I did some of my own seats and all I can say is that glueing the cover is a royal pain and this time I want it perfect(not the butcher job I'm capable of).

metalkfab

Just got back my long/tall seat from the seat guy and it looks marvy.He refused to install the cover I got from Al,(the lettering was crooked).Cost with a new cover was approx. $100,and it was well worth it.All it needs is "Penton" across the back and you wouldn't know it was a reproduction.As for shorter seat foam,try a short /low seat from earlier Penton's.That would lower the seat height,but also shorten the length.Al sells all the seat parts you may need ,but you'll have to assemble yourself unless you can convince Al to sell you a complete seat.I'm trying to talk Al into offering complete seats,ready to install.

imported_n/a

Carl, I just ordered a complete set of components for a short/tall seat.  Are you saying your seat guy charged you $100 to put the cover on, or did I misunderstand?
Glenn

metalkfab

The seat guy made a new cver and installed it along with the trim strips I gave him for under $100.He also reglued the original seat where it lifted underneath.You can contact Lee at the following; [email protected] .You'll have to install the mounting brackets prior to him recovering.