Diamond Don's Race

Started by firstturn, April 21, 2013, 10:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

Jeff,

Not many Berkies out there racing, and I've had a bounty on my head from the Hodaka gang for years now. They almost collected on it last weekend, but they'll have to wait a little while longer. :D

Brian
Brian

Mickey Sergeant

To bad we live opposite ends of the country. Would love to put our Berkies up against each other to see who has the fastest one. Just for fun.;)

seanguthrie

That was an awesome video.  I think I was up at the fence watching one of your moto's.  I never got a chance to come over and meet you at DD's though.  In my 2 years of racing, Diamond's and the Terra Alta, WV course are in a 2 way tie for my favorite places to race!

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Dale Fisher

Here is the link to the MX photography website for photos.  First ones of Brian on page 4.

http://mxphoto.exposuremanager.com/g/2013_diamond_don

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

socalmx

Want to make a Berkie run? Mill the head .060, open up the ports (mimic the GS specs)and intake spigot (as far as possible with a rough finish, throw on a pipe and a 28/30mm Mikuni, and of course a button mag. That all done, you will really have a runner.

brian kirby

My cylinder is stock with some minor transfer port matching to the cases, but it does have a period pipe with the front half stock and the back half a shortened center section and a different rear cone. Its also got a 28mm model 84 Bing and a PVL. My bike really isnt all that fast, but I dont want to change it because the way it is now it runs so good. All the modifications were done in the '70s and whoever did them did a good job so I'm not going to start messing stuff up. :)

Brian
Brian