My Penton Pics

Started by Monty, June 20, 2002, 01:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monty

OK...I need someone to help me out here. From looking @ my Penton, it seems as though it may be a '76 or '77 (I would be the last person to know). It has the MC series decal on the tank. As far as the serial it reads, 855 11650, and I dont' know what this would signify. The KTM motor reads 19043, again I don't know what this would signify. I would like for some one to check the pics out and tell me what they think. I also need a good Carb rebuild kit to get it running.

Bob

Monty

I have only seen one other posting that had a similar frame number, and I don't think that his model was described in the reply. I think this may be a 1978 MC-5 400, I am not sure. If there is anyone else that could help I would appreciate it. I also heard that it would be hard to find parts, and if I did they would be expensive. THen again the good news is that it was rebuilt about three years ago and only ridden twice since then. So hopefully it only needs a carb rebuild. THe other things may be minor, like the air-box (i think it should be aluminum, not sure), side covers, and some cleaning.

Monty

Also, I was wrong about the motor stamp. It reads 8-55****. I can't remember the rest. I think it was something like 8-5546490.

OUCWBOY

Looks like you've got a 78 KTM

Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR