32mm ceriani fork springs

Started by pklinck, August 28, 2013, 07:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

I would spend the $325 on gas for practicing and I would forget about the forks. The 32mm forks on my Berkshire are stone stock, original springs, no Emulators, all I did was put seals in them. Are they perfect? No, but they are good enough. If you want to make your bike perform better, especially a Sachs 100/125, get in shape, ride a lot, leave the gas on longer and stay off the brakes deeper into corners. I know at least in my case, the rider is always the component that needs the most improvement.

Brian
Brian

wfopete

+1 Brian.

Learning to be a better rider and improved fitness are the game changers.  In fact I'm healing up now from my second torn rotator cuff in 3 years (different shoulder).  If I had leaned to ride just a wee-bit smarter I could have avoided months of downtime.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

pklinck

Brian, Wfopete,

About riding,,, absolutely riding more and getting into shape before a race and in between is most of it.  In fact, for 2-3 weeks before the ISDTRR, I jogged up hill (and down)on my land, did push-ups, hand grip-squeeze exercises as well as rode with the local KTMs guys on their loops to get into shape.  I still know that my springs are a inch flat and one inch goes along way on a 7" travel fork.  Ok, next year's project as the season closes down.  Cheers.

peter klinck
peter klinck