Need for speed

Started by SoCal996, June 29, 2002, 09:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal996

I was at the vintage races with Donny last week, the two Pentons that were raced both had expanion chambers that terminated just past the air box. McDougal's was a Bassini not sure about the other, but looked the same. My 125 is currently in parts in the garage, but I'm about ready to reassemble it for local MX racing. While I can only dream of riding as fast as McDougal, I would like to get some specs on that pipe or what is commonly referred to as a speed pipe. I've seen info on 250s and 175s, does anyone have information on a 125 speed pipe or the Bassini style?

bigdanracer

Hi everyone. POG should have a section on the web site called something like " THE NEED FOR SPEED " and feature all the Penton speed specs, and durability secrets, bike preparation for racing applications. Us new Penton owners and coming-out-of-retirement wanna-be racers could use the info.
Share the wealth and keep the Penton name out front of the pack.
Thanks, Dan.

Posting 06/2002
Corona CA.
Age 49, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

tmc3c

Big Dan that sure sounds like a winner to me.Any and all speed secrets are greatly appreciated! After all we are all in a need for speed!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler