Introduction

Started by slakewell, October 27, 2013, 09:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slakewell

Hello
I'm a KTM/Penton collector from Australia.I race VMX on my 77 MC5 250 that was built from many parts so it is not very original but as a race bike it works fine.Looking forward to sharing information in regards too our shared passion.I'm keenly interested in 77 models and always looking for hard to source parts.Below is my race bike.

thrownchain

May not be original, but a fine looking machine. Welcome to the group.

seanguthrie

+1 sure is Purdy!

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

tooclose racing

Welcome, Aussie.  I race my (76) MC5 in MX and XC and enjoy it immensely. In addition to aftermarket shocks and modern bars/controls, I moved to a 38mm fork from a 79/80 KTM.  I found the 35mm fork (mine came with the earlier Ceriani fork) to be a bit of a flexible flyer.

slakewell

Thankyou for the welcome.
Just returned from the Australian VMX championships with a win in the pre 78 250 class on the bike in the photo.

slakewell

Here is some go pro footage taken from my bike during the Australian VMX championships

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEYkES17rY

Dom Sileo

Great riding ! I have a 78 MC5 250 that is my favorite vintage bike to race. I used to ride MX and cross country on it ...health issues have permanently sidelined me but watching your video sure brings back memories.  I'll probably need to sell mine soon and let someone else enjoy it as I have for so many years...thanks for sharing your racing video .