Last Production Month for the 100cc Bershire

Started by pklinck, December 19, 2013, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pklinck

POG members,

Does any one know the last month in 74' when the 100cc sachs powered B motor Berkshire 100cc was produced during the cmf period?  Let me know.  Thanks

peter klinck
peter klinck

pklinck

POG folks,

I just spoke to Rob Wardlow and he thinks the cmf 100cc Berkshire with the Red Tank was produced until about VIN:410, meaning until October, 1974.  Thanks Rob.

peter klinck
peter klinck

rob w

Rocket

I am restoring a 100 that has a 77 date code, new style long travel frame like the "D" motor's had.  I bought this bike from an old dealer in Iowa that had (2) of these bikes come in about 10 years ago.  I sold it to a guy in Oregon, he had it for a few years, a great guy in Texas bought it, had it for awhile and sold it to the owner of the Moto-Museum in Illinois. Now it is back to me for a restoration.  When I have the bike complete, I will post some pictures of it.  I am not home right now, so I can't post the serial number of the frame, from memory, it is 704 97000.

joe novak

I built a Penton 100 Berkshire with the layed-down shock style specifically for Hare Scrambles.   It had the 6A engine, large gas tank, and was a wonderful Penton to race in long Hare Scrambles.   Never had to stop for fuel, torquey engine, six speed trans, et.al. features.   joe

tofriedel

If the Vin # is 410, wouldn't that make it a 1975 model, since the model year ends in August?

Tony

Tony

pklinck

Tony,

Maybe you are right.  I don't know that information.  Thanks

peter klinck
peter klinck