vintage days date change.

Started by chicagojerry, December 17, 2013, 04:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

the ama just announced that they are moving vintage days one week earlier. it conflicts with a big ahrma road race in new jersey and dennis brown's cc race in ky. :(    chi jer

Rob Thatcher

Probably has to do with the AMA Superbike and World Superbike race conflict the next weekend.  I bet they announce an earlier race for that.

dennis brown

they are trying to get away from the event in wassau the same weekend. it is on the ama web site

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

tooclose racing

It really IS about the conflict with the WSBK race at Laguna Seca:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/ama-resolves-scheduling-conflict-midohio-laguna-seca-world-superbike/#more-52314

But what a shame that it now conflicts with the AHRMA roadrace in NJ. Being a former knee-dragger myself, I love walking the pits and looking at the asphalt hugging machinery. Some truly neat hardware.   And the more, the merrier - even if it's an AMA event. I think this will hurt the AMA event more than the Jersey event - there is a lot of east coast guys in this sport.

thrownchain

It's always going to conflict with something somewhere. The thing is now instead of flattrack at Wauseon on Fri and then Ashland on Sat, racers are going to have to plan back to back weekends or possibly choose one or the other. For locals it's less of s deal, but for travelers it's gonna be an issue.

Also I dont know how much cross over there is between Wauseon and Mid Ohio, each seems to draw it's own crowd, at their chosen venues for their own reasons.