Bobby Lucas

Started by tmc3c, July 03, 2002, 05:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Hey Guys,does Bobby have a E-Mail or web site? When shipping him a motor what was the best way?  Does anybody know if I supply him with the porting specs by Carl Crank that he can do this? What kind of work does he put out?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Dave Withrow

Bobby has built/rebuilt two 400 motors for me.  He had to get another guy to do some welding on a busted case, but he does most of the work himself.  I have absolutely no complaints.

tmc3c

Hi Dave, About how long did it take and how dyd you ship your motor? How much?"ballpark" Thanks

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Larry Perkins

Ship it to him UPS but don't be in a hurry.  Bobby has a very high demand REAL job and this is his side deal.  He is not the fastest but in my opinion he is the best KTM race motor guy.  He built all three of my National Championship winning bikes and at least one Championship bike for Chris Richardson.  You just have to be patient.  I think his labor for overhaul is under $300.  You can only reach him by phone.

tmc3c

Hi Larry, Thanks for your thoughts on this and I will be in touch with him very soon!Will he do the Carl Crank Porting works?Or does he have his on special ones?  Thanks

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Monty

I would like to do the same to the 400 that I have, but what is the cost (ballpark) for an engine overhaul? This I would need to know before I get ready to ship it off.

Plus, I found e-mail and a phone number for Bobby Lucas on Texas Vintage Racing Website.

(http://www.tvrc.org)