a blustery winter project/ nice piner new pix

Started by chicagojerry, February 08, 2014, 11:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

i am closing in on finishing up this 'piner project. been out in the barn quite a bit lately since the weather is not good for much of anything else.(notice the snow blowing under the door.) this bike is my mission trip/ charity bike. the proceeds after my expenses will go to the charity that i am associated with. (we go to belize and help to rebuild schools. i do the plumbing.)
 i have someone that is interested in it but my original intention was to raffle it off. anyway here are the latest pix, i still have to have the tank polished out with new stickers after i line it.after that its just putting some of the finishing touches on it. new seat cover, grips, engine braces etc.  i strted the motor up a couple of nights back. fired up on the third kick after a complete rebuild.

johnborn

OUCWBOY

Jerry,
I think I would get something to seal that garage/barn door. It's cold here in Arkansas and I know how cold it is further north. Just looking at that makes me shiver!!!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Al Cutcher

chicagojerry

hey donny. you should have seen it before the drifts melted. the door id closed all the way with a decent seal on the bottom but the snow and wind this year has been no stop. there is a three foot drift right on the other side of that door. the back door drift is even bigger but i had to shovel some of that back to get at the firewood pile. come on spring. i'll be getting away from it the end of next week though, going to hawaii for my tenth anniversay with my lovely wife. [8D]:D  
 chi jer

OUCWBOY

Jerry,
Enjoy Hawaii. I spent 5 1/2 years there and wanted to stay, but uncle sam said I'd been there too long and sent me to San Diego... We have had snow/ice on the ground here in NE Arkansas for almost 2 weeks. I know that's nothing really, but for here it is unheard of!!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

wade195

If you are doing a raffle count me in.

Gods blessings

Doug

chicagojerry

here's some more pix. i took it for a spin today since the road was finally ice free enough to try it. it ran very strong. clutch works well. i still need to put the engine braces on it and check out the lights but it sure is a nice bike. had the tank polished with new stickers and the side panels polished too.