Mudlark on Ebay

Started by Ed Wilcox, February 15, 2014, 06:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Wilcox

It is advertised as a 1972 KTM. Ad says frame # W569ST w/1251/5a eng# 6774145. That frame number makes it a Wassell. Mine is frame # W539ST eng# 6773739. It has different fenders - seat - Ceriani forks and has had some paint work.[uhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KTM-Other-1972-penton-ktm-125-/191069373391?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2c7c9f43cf&vxp=mtrrl][/url]  

Kip Kern

Very nice example of a Penton Woodsman, pretty much original.  The last of the Wassells with a Husky exhaust and PP fenders. Pretty darn rare

desmond197

Mine looks just like this one with the exception of a larger modded Hi Point Alloy tank

George Swan

OK I wanted to know about the gas tank on this bike but didn't want to put the effort to post the picture. Why is there a  extra hole in the top of the gas tank? Newbie I know lol

1976 Penton MC5 400 Frame # 1871
1976 Penton MC5 400 Frame # 1871

firstturn

The extra hole is for the bolt the tank to the frame.  You put a nut in the threaded stud from the frame.  Then it should have a rubber plug to hid the nut.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Ron, I stripped mine down to the frame today. Hopefully, I'll have paint on it tomorrow.
I think I finally figured out how they mounted the Wassell front wheel to the 35mm Cerianis. They used two left lower legs and bored them out to fit the Wassell axle. The hole in the right leg is already bored too big for the axle.
Notice the hole bored in the lugs on the lower legs. They both have the 8mm hole in them for a brake stay.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

checkcrew

Sold for a little over $4300., i thought it would have done better than that "IMO"

cool bike any way !!!

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]