straight cut gears

Started by stevenottinger, May 26, 2014, 06:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenottinger

Hi this is my first time on POG and glade to be here. I'm was thinking of making some straight cut gears for the Sachs motor for the Drive pinion and the layshaft wheel with needle bearings. Would anyone be interested in buy a set of these. I'm just getting pricing from the Machinist and will have it in the next mouth. You can call me on my cell if you have any question 951-741-3878
Thanks

Steven Ottinger
Steven Ottinger

brian kirby

Someone had sets of those made a few years ago and they sold fairly well, depending on price there could be good demand for them.

Brian
Brian

Daniel P. McEntee

I remember someone on the VINDURO Group have some sets made up by someone over in Germany at that time, and they did sell out pretty quickly. With the advancement of CNC equipment in the recent years, I imagine that making them is easier and more cost effective, but they still need to be made correctly. Do they really offer a significant increase in performance over the stock angle cut gears for the 100 and 125 Sachs engines? Mainly desirable on the MX track, I'm guessing? I'm just curious. I "grew" out of the 125 class a LONG time ago!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

stevenottinger

Yes, it can be significant increase over stock ones. Also on the new ones each one will be 25% to 30% lighter over stock, the  layshaft gear will have needle bearings instead of bronze bushing. I run the needle bearings on my stock Layshaft, so much smoother and will rev quicker. I race the CR125 all the time and have no problem beating them. Those photos are just like the ones I'm starting with but much heavier and no needle bearings.  Thanks for the info

Steven Ottinger
Steven Ottinger

brian kirby

Put me on the list of potential buyers.

Brian
Brian

Larry Perkins

I too would be an interested party.

Mickey Sergeant

What doe's it take to have needle bearings on the layshaft wheel instead of the bushing that wears out.