Just bought a 1968 six day

Started by Brian Geddert, May 24, 2014, 09:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Geddert

I am looking for parts sources, motor, seat, fenders. Any help would be appreciated.

Kip Kern

Al Buehner is a great place to start. Ebay, POG site.  All are excellent!

Brian Geddert

Thank you,much appreciated!

Brian Geddert

Hi,thank u for your interest. Any help or knowledge u would share would be appreciated. It is V 713.

Daniel P. McEntee

In your other post it sounds like you are wondering if it's worth restoring. If you have the desire, time and money, bring it back to the trail! In this day and age of the internet, finding parts is really pretty easy. The more eyes that you have looking, the better the chance of finding what you need. Pictures of what you got would be helpful. If you have the engine, frame , air box, tank, forks and decent wheels, everything else can be made or bought. Depends also on how original you want to restore it to. If you want to ride it, you can fudge in some areas and go modern and plastic. If you want to make a museum piece, that is possible also. The best there is at doing that are here on this list. Either way, one more on the trail is better than one more busted up and scattered, in my opinion.
  Good luck and have fun,
  Dan McEntee

Brian Geddert

back on the trail,but there can be no plastic that's not original, its a steel tanker.

Brian Geddert

been looking for one for years, found it 300 ft from my door!Still digging my way into an old granary to get it out.

Brian Geddert

getting the serial number was blood shed

Brian Geddert

I still have tomorrow off and plan to have it out, will try for pics and more info, thanks,i have got so much help today. thank you